Saturday 1 March 2014

Counterfeit Kit March 2014 'Great Expectations'

Good morning all.... what an honour to be asked to join the design team for the CKCB! I'm thrilled! 

Anyway.. enough of that... this month I was asked to make a kit that was representative of the February Kit over at CocoaDaisy . I thought it was a lovely kit and would be a pleasant move away from the last two kits that I made that featured a lot of red, white and dark colours. This was going to be a refreshing change! Here is the original
 At first I looked at what jumped out at me... and I saw raspberry and yellow... I was, at this stage, thinking how nice it would be to go down that avenue. However, on closer inspection of my stash I realised I really didn't have much in the way of raspberry.. I don't tend to lean towards pinks as I have very few 'girly' things to photograph! Living with my dear husband, two sons and three dogs, two of whom are boys (!) doesn't give me a lot of opportunity to use pink.. so I got to thinking 'how can I add Raspberry without buying more stash?'.. (which does rather defeat the object of this doesn't it?)

So this is what I came up with instead

I therefore decided I would alter some plain white paper to give me the raspberry I craved. I won't go into detail here about how I did it.. (you'll have to wait for that post) but I think I managed to find enough 'similar' papers to do a decent enough replica. 



I started my kit with the hexagonal paper from My Minds Eye, Collectable, collection and added some of the co-ordinating papers from the range together with other patterned papers .. so here it is. What do you think? Is it passable? 

I have decided to call this kit 'Great Expectations' as I think that is what the design team may have had when they asked me to join their illustrious team! Lets hope I don't let you all down. 



I added lots of little embellishments and even made a couple of the 'puffy stickers' with Glossy Accents to add in together with a heart stamp, some die cuts and a few random stickers and alphas, some bling, bakers twine, brads, flair buttons etc and I will add card stock as and when I need it.









I hope you've enjoyed your little visit, so now hop on over to Angelas Blog 
and see what she has compiled. Do remember to leave me a little message to let me know you've popped by.. and if you get lost head back over to the CKCB home page  to find your way back.


Take care now! 

Elaine
x

9 comments:

  1. We certainly do have great expectations Elaine ... and you've not let us down at all! A gorgeous kit with some great looking papers ... I'm looking forward to seeing how you made them and what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Elaine, good to have you on board for March :)
    As Jemma said, you haven't let us down in the slightest, great job with your (rather large) kit and look forward to things to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you...I LOVE your kit (actually much more than the inspiration). Love the direction you took it in. So bright and cheerful and filled with fun supplies. I'd love to link up your forged paper on our tutorials for the 8th. Let me know if you would like to and I'll hook you up. Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did very well! Beautiful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choices Elaine and I just love the blues you mixed into the kit. Good tip on the glossy accents (I can now make some of the flair buttons :) Well rounded kit and I look forward to see what you do with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love this kit, soooooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really beautiful kit, and your counterfeit papers are fabulous. Well done , and welcome to the team this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really inspiring kit, gorgeous colour combo, love the vintage touches and those puffy stickers you made, gonna try that myself :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to have you with us this month :~D
    Nice save on "finding" the raspberry color you needed.
    Thanks for sharing your forgeries on the tut post this month!

    ReplyDelete