Friday 21 March 2014

Cherish the Memories

Afternoon all

Using this months Counterfeit Kit again I made the layout below for the March week 3 sketch challenge over on UKS. 

These photos are very special to me because neither my Dad or my gorgeous niece are around any more. Sadly my Dad passed away in 1979, just 5 years after this photo was taken and my dear niece died when she was 28. Tragically she took her life while suffering from post natal depression. As a warning to all..never under estimate the effects of PND!

However, I have been wanting to scrap these pictures for a while, but I needed just the right inspiration, so I used Barbaras challenge to scrap 'Good Times' as the excuse I needed.

I used a sketch from Stuck?! Blogspot as my inspiration. 

I cut the title with my Slice, layered the papers and cut a die flourish and layered them on top of the laser cut doily tucked behind the photo mat. 

I then punched the butterflies from some painted paper with doilies stuck over them and added bling for their bodies. 



To finish it off I doodled with a silver pen and added a double heart embellishment, silk flower and some tiny sparkles. 

Thanks for popping by.... do let me know what you think!



11 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the sketch, and I just love the colors you worked with here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so pretty and pretty special too, nice take on the sketch I keep seeing this inspiration I'll be giving it a go this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Elaine and a beautiful way to remind yourself of two lovely people. Sad though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a fabulous page, love the die cutting and the pretty colours, so glad you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the page is beautiful and such a poignant photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout! I love how you layered up the die cutting and embellishments! Great memory page! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this wonderfully creative & lovely tribute of your dear departed family...can't imagine what it took to tackle this page, but it is stunning. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about your loss. It's great to scrapbook both the good and bad times in our lives. Lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete