Saturday 12 July 2014

Summer days

Hi all

These beautiful flowers deserved a LO all of their own, so I combined the images with the link to summer and made this with my CKCB Kit, Just in Time. 


I also used the first challenge on the CKCB kit which was to include triangles. Co-incidentally, the Stuck?! sketch this month also included triangles and so the two went hand in hand. 




As regular followers also know, I like to combine challenges, soooooo... I chose to make my LO to fit with another challenge over on SJ Crafts Blogspot, 'One of Five', where you had to use one of the five different types of element. I chose, arrows, the colour Mint, and the title 'Summer days' from the selection we had the option of.






As a bonus, as the challenge has been posted on Pinterest, it also counts as my SIPIDI (See it Pin it Do it) entry for July. You can find out more on Fionas Blog.. Staring at the Sea. 


I used several papers from my kit (most of which were remnants of paper) and then I added spotty ribbon, enamel dots and butterfly, two flairs and then I altered a couple of chipboard arrows I have had knocking around in my stash forever! 







First I stuck co-ordinating paper on the arrows and then I adhered them. 




THEN, when it was too late, I decided they didn't stand out enough, so I VERY CAREFULLY, had to go around the edges with a marker pen to make them pop a little more. Finally, I added accents with some Gelly Glaze pens to fnish it off.. (I think you can just make this out on the second photograph. 





What do you think?

Elaine

16 comments:

  1. A fabulous layout highlighting those fab photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO - Summer flowers are always so cheerful.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I like how you've added in embellishments on the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I agree beautiful layout.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh! lovely layout and that sketch is great. Those are some of my favourite papers you have used there! Happy scrapping, jenx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I think I bought them from you Jen

      Delete
  6. Fab challenge combining and a great way to include triangles - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Very pretty layout xx I'm amazed how you manage to combine challenges like this... its gives me a headache just reading it, let alone doing it !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty page, love the colour sand the tassel! Thanks for joining us again at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout and flowers. Great job combining all the challenges. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on a great job combining sketches to create something unique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those photos are awesome indeed! Love that tassel embellishment on the bottom of your layout! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos and great triangle sketch.

    ReplyDelete