Sunday 8 March 2015

Challenge No. 1... border challenge.

Afternoon all

I am really getting back into this blogging thing.. third blog in 2 days! Woo hoo! Here is the LO I made this time


So.. here I am bringing you a LO I made with the border challenge in mind. To start with I decided to use my gelatos that I had incorporated with my kit 'Sunny Spring' for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog . As I only own the two colours you see in the kit, a blue and a coral colour, I decided to mix them together on my craft mat with a water brush to make a muted pink colour. 




I then coloured the whole of the edge of the paper, about 2 inches in from each side to create the border. 






Once it was dried I took a Prima 'Bubbles' stencil and used a Maya mist and misted all over the paper, including the gelato'd area... (is 'gelato'd a word??).






Once I'd got the background finished I had to decide what to do with it... so for that inspiration I chose to use this sketch  from Sues' blog, Me and Mine

As you can see I decided to turn it on its side and work with it from there. After a few false starts that I wasn't really happy with, I've now finished it and am satisfied. Once again I used the Echo Park papers from my kit.



The photos are also of my sister for her album (I did warn you there would be more coming!.. lol) .. so it's another one done. 

It's great to be back!

Elaine
xx

15 comments:

  1. oo thats gorgeous. Love that stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monochromatic look of this page- so pink and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is gorgeous and even more so now i know you created your own background paper I thought it was a bought paper - simply beautiful! I don't own any gelatos unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Welcome back to Blogland :) I love your hand-made papers and your interpretation of the sketch is fab, too. Thank you for joining on my sketch challenge.
    Sue @ Me&Mine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I know what you mean about getting back into blogging. I've been so bad with it for the past couple of years. That's sad because I use my blog to help fill in gaps in my memory with my scrapping (I'm behind) and with several months of missing posts, I am going to be in trouble when I get to the years of 2013-2014.

    Wow great background! It's very pretty! AGain I love that your kit is pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout! Love the vintage pictures! Glad to see you back in the bloggy world!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That bubble effect is gorgeous and the pink next to the black and white photos is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout Elaine love the background :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic technique work!! Great layout and photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How creative & fun that custom paper is! So glad you took me up on the CKC Paintables Challenge - so far you are the only one to post :D I usually think of pink & black as very French/elegant, but how wonderfully it translates here as a kid page. The most creative decision I think that you made is to mix the two colors to get what you needed! Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic technique. Love the paintwork on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your border of gelato and mist is so very inspired! What a fabulous use of those mixed media elements! Great for you for getting messy and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you did with the gelato :) Omgosh just to cute for a background, looks like a reallly fun stencil to use too :) I like the border that you did as well. Fantastic way to create a layout

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such sweet touches here - and I'm totally on board with those colors!! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for entering the BONUS paintables challenges There were only 2 entries designated on the Linky so I've decided to send you each a little something! If you will email me at LCSmithSAVED@juno.com with your mailing address & your favorite color to use I will get some happy mail off to you :-)

    ReplyDelete