Saturday 9 July 2016

A white space layout from me

Afternoon all

What a lovely sunny day here in my corner of Kent. After a morning of chillaxing in the sunshine in my garden I have spent a couple of hours in my craft room catching up with some scrapping.

First I took this sketch no 207 from Sketchesinthyme Blog.



This is my take on it. I used a mood board I found on a blog hop over on the June Counterfeit blog hop which really shouted out to me.. I am loving gold at the minute so any excuse to include gold in my layouts, I'm taking it!

This is my take on the sketch.. The photo I wanted to use was landscape rather than portrait so I turned the sketch yet left the bunting to go from left to right.


I used a gold doily and gold chevrons and I added small gold stars on the ends of the bunting aswell as a gold crown on the top cluster. The reason for the crown is that the picture is of my in-laws..who are also called King.. so hence the crown.

And there you have it!

Elaine
x





9 comments:

  1. Loving the gold doily. Lovely LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page and I like the way you added the floss under the crown. My day's schedule was pretty similar to yours - isn't it nice to have time in both a garden and a scraproom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Beautiful colors & I especially like the very delicate splatters adorned with pearls on the background & the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Great job with the white space. Love that banner! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHH! This is quite lovely! And I should have added some gold doilies in my kit too. Drat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful layout and you have nice looking in-laws. Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful. Eli for Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the crown and reasoning behind it.
    Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
    ~Helen~

    ReplyDelete